Monday, January 24, 2011

Maggie

Today our family dog Maggie will be put to sleep. She is 14 years old. Her body is tired and weak- it is time to let her go. My siblings & I grew up with Maggie. She is more like another sibling to us than a dog. She was a true friend and confidant in every way possible. Maggie slept with me until I moved out. She slept by my bedside the night before I got married. When Dave & I lost our first baby I found comfort in spending time with Maggie. She understood my feelings without ever being told. Maggie was present when I most needed a friend. As we got older we saw less of Maggie. But when we would visit home we were always greeted with the same happy tail wag. Maggie will leave behind a large void in our family. It is with an extremely heavy heart that today we say goodbye.


We love you always Maggie


No comments:

Post a Comment