My Darling First Born,
I didn't know I could love someone so deeply until you came into my life. The day you made me a mommy was the best day of my life. Raising you as taught me so much about life. I have someitmes lost my patience with you and raised my voice. I know you are discovering boundaries and learning right from wrong. I am sorry for snapping at you. Whenever I lose my patience I spend much more energy feeling guilty than it would've taken to muster up the patience to begin with. I try to do my best everyday to nurture and care for you. I am constantly striving to be the best mother I can be for you. You, my precious little girl, deserve the best that life has to offer. In just a few short months you will be turning four. You are soon starting pre-school. As the years go back we will be away from each other more and more. It is my job as your mother to ensure you have the confidence you need to face the world as you grow. There are a few lessons I want you to hold dear to your heart while you venture out into the next phase of your life.
~ Always do the right thing
I know this is broad but doing the right thing will almost always keep you on the right path. Always use a crosswalk, wear your seatbelt, use your manners, be honest, and most importantly if it doesn't feel right don't do it.
~Be Kind to everyone, even those who are unkind to you
Unfortunately some kids do not play nice. We saw that today and I was so proud of you for sticking up for your little brother when another kid pushed him. Always speak kindly to other people and play fair. And if someone is mean to you it's okay to walk away. You do not have to be friends with everyone but you do need to be polite.
~Always try your best
I will always be proud of you when you try your best.
~Know that you are a unique, beautiful, sweet person
Do not allow anyone to make you feel any less than the amazing little girl you are.
~ Remember that no matter what Daddy & I love you forever
There is nothing you can do to ever make me love you any less. You may feel angry with me from time to time or even feel like I am being mean to you. I promise to always do what is best for you. You forever own a piece of my heart and I love you unconditionally!
It makes me happy and sad to watch you grow up. I miss rocking you to sleep but I love how excited you are to learn and discover new things each day. Thank you for making my life so rich.
All my love,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment