My little Eli will be turning three on Thursday, and boy is he ready. Eli hated being a baby & never enjoyed being a toddler. Now he is entering "preschool age" and he is ready to be a big boy! Eli is a kid I wish everyone had the privelage of knowing. He is overly reactive, overly sensitive, spirited, creative, kind, adventurous, and downright hilarious. From the day he was born he has been the most difficult child to figure out of our three children. He was colicky & whiny as a baby. I remember just praying he would grow up fast so I could FINALLY get to know the little person he was instead of constantly listening to him cry. Now that he is nearly 3, he has grown out of that (thank goodness) and into a striking little man. I relate most to Eli and in many ways I understand him better than anyone else. See, I am a middle child. I fit the mold exactly. Eli does too. He & I, we need to stick together! I love that kid so so much.
At 3, Eli...
~ Doesn't know any colors. And doesn't care to learn any! In fact if asked, " what is that color Eli?" he will respond with, "don't know!". He will get it...I hope!
~ Is becoming a really good counter!
~ Love Mac & Cheese & fruit. Hates veggies & milk.
~ Much prefers being outside riding a bike/skateboard over anything else.
~ Has music running through his viens. Eli sings ALL. OF. THE. TIME. And often times he doesn't even realize he is doing it. Today, at Walmart he was belting out an obnoxious song he learned on a cartoon and I asked him to quiet down. He said to me, "why? was I singing?"!
~ Is quite the dancer. This kid has some moves let me tell you! Move over Usher!
~ Enjoys painting and gets pretty creative!
~ Likes to be inclulded in everything we do, he's right there helping me pack boxes as we prepare to move (it's taking 10 times longer since I have to re-pack once he is in bed).
~ Is a great brother to both Bree & Toby. While they all have their moments of bickering, Eli really is their best friend. That's a perk of being the middle child!
~ Cannot whisper in a quiet voice to save his life.
~ Takes forever to fall asleep at naptime becuase he has to talk/sing/roll him self to sleep.
~ Loves when he gets to spend one on one time with Mom or Dad without a sibling around.
Eli is so unique and special. His vibrant personaility keeps me on my toes everyday and it makes me a better mom. Having Eli made me more courageous, patient, & taught me to laugh more. He's the reason I took a risk and became self-employed. He's the reason I learned to advocate strongly for my children when I just didn't feel like something was right (being a collicky baby). He makes me enjoy simpler things in life and take time to dance when there's no music playing. He makes me proud. Eli was a bit of a surprise (a very welcome & wonderful surprise) & I am so grateful to be his mother.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment