Friday, August 9, 2013
5k
After years of hearing of others talk about finishing a race of some sort-I've finally decided to join them. Yep, I signed up to run my first 5k with some girlfriends! I'm a few weeks into training and this morning I hit 2.5 miles in under 27 minutes! My goal is 3.1 miles in under 35 minutes. With 10 weeks to go before race day, I think I'll be able to nail it. My motivation for any workout? The little people who are waiting at the door for me when I return. I read a quote that said, "i thought about quitting & then I noticed who was watching". Running is not my favorite thing to do, but I start my day feeling accomplished & I love being a role model for my kids. Hard work & determination always pay off. 3.1... Here I come!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment