Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Changes

We took the kids to the zoo last Sunday.  They love animals so much and always enjoy the opportunity to see animals.  The trip served another purpose too as I was desperately needing to do something special with our kids.  This house (for lack of a better word) crap has really thrown me into a funk.  We have it listed for six months, we sign purchase agreement on our house, fall in love with a new house, deal on our house falls through and we have to rethink & start from scratch. I was not prepared for the emotional roller coaster this has ended up to be.  I'm ready for the end.  Whatever it may be.  Whether we sell & move this summer or wait it out & try again next spring.  We are under contract with the owners of the home we hope to purchase until July so for better or worse the end is in sight. 

I have spent the last week & a half doing what I do best when I find myself  in a funk: rearrange the house, purchase unnecessary things & enjoy a glass or two of wine after my kiddos are in bed.  Dave recognizes my extreme need for change every once in a while.  He's supportive.  I was trying to get him to allow Breena to adopt a kitten.  He wouldn't cave.  So instead I convinced him to switch around bedrooms.  Sunday night we did just that!  Bree & Eli now share our old room, which use to be Eli's room which was a playroom before that.  Confused yet?  We moved into Bree's room and gave Toby Eli's room.  Up until this point Toby has slept in our room (or if I'm going to be honest- Toby slept in my arms).  Toby still wakes often at night but has transitioned well into a crib by himself.  I am sleeping better because I don't hear every little snort he makes while he sleeps.  Breena & Eli are enjoying sharing a room.  In fact they should be napping as I write this but I'm hearing a lot of giggles instead. 

I keep reminding myself to be grateful that we have a safe home and are fortunate enough to be in a position to purchase a larger home.  It'll be okay if we live here another year or two.  Just cozy!

No comments:

Post a Comment