Wednesday, May 16, 2012
Daddy
We took the kids to the zoo a few weekends ago. While we were there we saw a group of dads with their kids taking pictures. No moms around. I thought to myself, "how sweet of them to spend time with their kids without the moms around". As I more about this I began to realize what a great daddy my kids have in their lives. My husband doesn't need a "Daddy's Playgroup" in order to take our kids out for a fun day. When we were first alone with Breena in the hospital she pooped. He didn't hesitate for a second to change her first diaper and listened intently as the nurse explained how to properly wipe a girl's bottom (I was bedridden- half unconcious at the time). If it's bath night he runs the bath water before I get there. He is ready and waiting with lotion & pj's when the kids get out of the tub. He has sat up in the middle of the night holding a bucket while a sick child sleeps in his lap. He is an expert spider killer. After working a twelve hour day at work he always comes home in a good mood ready to give me much needed relief of juggling three children all day. He never gets a chance to sit down right after work. He is paitent when I am not. He can keep Eli entertained for long periods of time playing invisible dinosaur. He always backs me up on parenting decisions in front of the kids even if he doesn't agree. When Breena wakes in the middle of the night she wants to cuddle with Daddy, not me. He compliments me on being a mother and encourages me when one of the kids is going through a difficult stage. We co-parent. He is one half of the team that makes this family so great. I am grateful for him. And I am so honored to be his children's mother.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment