I have three sick boys at my house (well two little boys & one grown man). I was up with Eli snuggling his hot, feverish body last night when my mind began to wander. I finally had him snoring next to me in bed & I pulled out my phone to look at baby pictures of Breena. She started preschool today (and she was a ROCKSTAR by the way!). I don't know when this happened.
When did this baby ...
...become this big girl?
She doesn't look little anymore. Her features are becoming more defined. She is tall & lean. She is polite. We must have done a good job raising her because she is one incredible little girl. Her first day at preschool was great. She came home with stories to share & is anxious to go back on Thursday. I am happy for her but sincerely sad for myself. I finally have figured out how to balance the needs of all three kids, myself, housework, & my job while still finding plenty of time for fun. And now our world is being jumbled & we will have to find a new normal routine.
And then there is my little Toby who will be exactly one year old at 7:52am tomorrow morning.
Tonight Dave said, "Goodnight Baby Toby" to him before bed & I about lost it. Tomorrow he is no longer considered an infant. The last of my three. My baby isn't a baby.
I have honestly been dreading him turning one. Partly because I know how fast life moves and I am not ready to let go of having a baby. Tomorrow will be a day filled with emotions as we celebrate the last first birthday of our kids (maybe even more so because I'm running on very few hours of sleep ;) ). I'm in awe of the lives we've been given.
I stumbled upon the song "Hourglass" by Mindy Gledhill while searching for music to add to Toby's slideshow video. The lyrics are perfect.
Little boy, when you speak
I can't help but kiss your cheeks
I love the way you grab my hands
And tell me all about your plans
Rocket high, comets fly
You and I could hitch a ride
And fly away to Neverland
And give our best to Peter Pan
When you reach for the stars
Don't forget who you are
And please don't turn around and grow up way too fast
See the sand in my grasp
From the first to the last
Every grain becomes a memory of the past
Oh, life's an hourglass
Life's an hourglass
I can't help but kiss your cheeks
I love the way you grab my hands
And tell me all about your plans
Rocket high, comets fly
You and I could hitch a ride
And fly away to Neverland
And give our best to Peter Pan
When you reach for the stars
Don't forget who you are
And please don't turn around and grow up way too fast
See the sand in my grasp
From the first to the last
Every grain becomes a memory of the past
Oh, life's an hourglass
Life's an hourglass

No comments:
Post a Comment