Thursday, October 18, 2012
Naps
After months/years of battling to get the kids down for a nap I finally did the unthinkable: I gave in. This past week we implemented a one hour quiet play time in place of a nap. And it has been HEAVENLY! Honest! I would battle Eli to lay down for over an hour just to get him to sleep for one hour. I was often left with a scratchy voice from constant scolding and the feeling of being a complete failure as his mother. Breena has gotten better about laying nicely but struggled to fall asleep. And so we put a cabosh on the naps in exchange for an early bedtime. Our house is running much more peacefully. Much of it is probably because I am not facing that witching nap war daily. The kids pick up on when I'm feeling stressed and it makes them stressed too. I wish I would've given into the nap battle sooner, but happy the transition has been great for all parties involved!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment