Thursday, December 20, 2012

Grateful for puke buckets.

That tummy bug is here again! Bree had it yesterday and about two hours ago Eli woke up with it. When I heard his "I'm going to throw up" cry I couldn't help but sing in my head 'another one bites the dust'. We missed Breena's preschool program today and tomorrow Eli will be missing the special ice cream date he and I had planned. I feel badly for them but I can't help but just feel grateful. My mind still wanders to the mothers of the victims in last weeks shooting. What they wouldn't give to catch one more bucket of puke. We are nearing two hours of illness with Eli, I have rinsed out his bucket no fewer than ten times. He's laying in his bed beside me while trying to sleep (but I know it'll be just minutes before my duty as bucket holder comes into play again). I'm not sure if I'll catch any sleep tonight before my 6am wake up call (AKA Toby). But I'm okay with that. There will be time to sleep tomorrow (maybe) but tonight
I'm grateful, thankful and blessed to be here nursing my sickie back to health.

No comments:

Post a Comment