When Breena was born I had the song "I saw God Today" by George Strait stuck in my head. It was replaying the entire time in my head- from when we drove to the hospital to the moment I held her for the first time. For months I would cry when it came on the radio and even today I feel a lump in throat when I hear the song. I guess it takes me back to that day- the rollercoaster of emotions and pure joy I felt the day Breena came into my life.
When I went into labor with Eli we had John Denver playing in the car. Breena had just learned to talk & she would sing along to the lyrics "Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy". It was so sweet. I distintly remember driving home from church after my water had broken listening to her sing. Dave & I were nervous & anxious. But Breena didn't have a clue what was happening & happily sang along to the music. While I was laying on the csection table waiting to meet my son I played "Sunshine on my shoulders" in my head. I was feeling pretty ill and it definately helped keep me calm. Inevitably that song always reminds me of the day I met sweet Eli.
I wonder what song will remind me of the new little guy! Currently in the van we have been playing Michael Jackson- specifically "Beat It" & "Thriller" (per Bree's requests). I sincerely hope that "beat it, beat it, no one wants to be defeated" isn't this little one's birth song!?!
No comments:
Post a Comment