Perhaps the best & worst thing about entering into the last month of pregnancy is nesting. That nesting instinct has found me once again. I can't even tell you how many times I've reorganized the baby's things in the past week! It's simple things- like one blanket being in the stack the wrong way- that throws me off & I have to refold the hold stack. I have suddenly felt a strong urge to cook & freeze meals as well. Since Sunday I have cooked & frozen: 6 pounds of ground beef, shepard's pie, 2 tatortot hotdishes, & shredded bbq chicken for sandwiches. I spend $191 on groceries today stocking up on our normal week's meals plus ingridients for more freezer meals. Left for the week: cook turkey breast for sandwiches (usually get 4 meals!), taco meat (several pounds, we are taco eaters), & perhaps a new enchilada recipe I found. I would love any other ideas you might have for meals that are easy & freeze well! Leave a comment or email me if you have any recipes to share :)
Having the realtor come last week was beneficial because it forced me to clean things that I don't do regularly. My closets for example are fairly neat & kitchen cupboards are as well. My goal is to keep those areas neat until my due date so if the little dude comes early (like Eli) I won't feel so much pressure to clean! Daily picking up & weekly deep clean should be enough to keep the house decent for baby's arrival.
It's finally been a decent few days weather wise. The kids & I have been outside without feeling like we were going to melt. We had a playdate with a friend yesterday at a park & went out to "old mcdonalds" for lunch. And today we went to a park to feed the ducks & played in our backyard. We are definately enjoying the cooler weather. Dave's been helping with VBS at church every night this week which has left the kids & I alone without daddy in the evenings. Tonight is the last night & we are looking forward to a quiet weekend & calm week next week!
No comments:
Post a Comment