Friday, April 1, 2011

Hearts

You may remember back in February I wrote THIS blog about congenital heart defects.  Part of the reason I felt so compelled to write that post was because when I went in for my first OB visit with this baby we were told that we would need to have a level 2 ultrasound to check the baby's heart.  Our ob said that because Eli was born with a defect this baby is at a slightly higher risk of developing a chd as well.  We have no reason to suspect there are any heart problems, the ultrasound is purely precautionary.  Sometime in May (between 20-24 weeks along) we will be heading to Mayo for the advanced ultrasound.  I believe that our child is healthy.  But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous to go.  I hope May brings us a peace of mind knowing that the little one is growing with a healthy & whole heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment