Saturday, April 9, 2011

My Sweet Girl

When I found out this past week that our newest little one is a boy it hit me hard that Breena will be my only little girl.  I love all of my children equally, they are all unique & special.  But only one of them will share in getting pedicures with me, let me put her hair in pigtails, and wear pink sundresses.  Dave will only have one little girl to try to shelter from teenage boys (good luck with that! she is very pretty already!).  And when the time comes I will have only one wedding dress to buy.  I grew up with a sister, I wonder how different her life will be without one.  I wonder if she will be the queen of the house & boss her little brothers around.  I wonder if they will listen when she tries!  I wonder if she will develope stronger friendships with other girls because she doesn't have a sister to fall back on .  I wonder if she will be close with her future sister-in-laws (assuming the boys get married someday!).  Words can't describe how excited I am for her life.  For all of our kids. 

We are so lucky to have (almost) three children.  And so blessed that they are very close in age & will (hopefully) grow to be the best of friends.  I was anxious to see what God's plan for our lives would be when it came to kids.  I always pictured myself with three little girls.  Instead I am going to be a mother of two little boys & one sweet little girl.  Not what i had envisioned but it couldn't be more perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment