Last night I said goodbye to my grandpa for the last time. He was laying tightly tucked in bed. He could no longer talk but when I sat next to him his eyes shot open. I held his hand & told all about Breena's birthday. He looked so tired so I didn't stay long. When it was time to go I gently kissed his forehead & his cheek. I told him I loved him and to rest well tonight. I couldn't even cry. It was peaceful. It was serene. It was beautiful.
Just a couple of hours later he passed quietly in his sleep. I was so privileged to get to spend a few of his final minutes by his bedside.
Rest Well Grandpa. We love you.
"For if we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. Therefore, whether we live or die, we are the Lord's." Romans 14:8
Kim, it was so special to see you hold grandpa's hand and kiss him goodbye one last time. He loved you very much. Mom
ReplyDeleteSuch a beautiful way to go. Brings tears to my eyes to read this again.
ReplyDelete