Thursday, October 21, 2010

Life

While I was feeding Eli his bottle, his eyes were locked on mine. He often does this while eating, it’s like he is examining every inch of my face. I got to thinking about his future. I wonder what he will do when he is older- he could be an astronaut. Or maybe a great scientist who invents a cure for cancer. Or perhaps he will be a school teacher who inspires kids to follow their dreams. The possibilities are endless. How lucky am I to be able to watch this little guy grow & explore the world around him? My thoughts then turned to Breena, perhaps she will be the first female president (although I hope there will be a female in office before she turns 37!) or maybe a nurse. Or maybe she will be an author and write a series of novels that change they way people think. That is a lot pressure as a parent- to prepare somebody to face the world independently. I hope to instill honesty & kindness in them. I hope they always feel how proud we are and know we will support them in every choice they make. Eighteen years is going to fly by, I can feel it already. Everyday is another opportunity for learning and teaching our kids about life. Today, the future female president learned that if she hits the future astronaut she earns herself a trip to a time out. One lesson down, a bazillion more to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment