Saturday, October 30, 2010

Comfort

Tomorrow we will lay Grandpa in his final resting place.    As I walked away from his bedside the last time, I looked back at him and envisioned the strong grandpa I remembered so well. Dressed in a plaid shirt and suspenders. I imagined his deep voice saying goodbye. I will always remember him this way.
 
Grandpa was 94 years old.  Ninety-four years of love, hard work, & happiness. I am a better person for knowing the unending love of a grandfather. It has been such a pleasure to have this man as a strong part of my life. I selfishy miss him.  But rejoice that he is wrapped safely in the arms of Jesus  Free from pain.

As a teenager I would look for poems that reflected the things I was feeling.  It comforts me.  This one is fitting of my Grandpa.

God saw you getting tired
And a cure was not to be,
So He wrapped His arms around you
And whispered “Come with Me.”
With tearful eyes we watched you suffer
And saw you fade away.
Although we loved you dearly,
We could not make you stay.
A golden heart stopped beating,
hardworking hands at rest,
God's Garden must be beautiful,
He only takes the best.

We will carry your memory with us always Grandpa.

No comments:

Post a Comment