Sunday, October 31, 2010

Bipolar Day

*Sigh* Today was a long and very bipolar today. We gathered in celebration of Grandpa's life today. We prayed, cried & shared stories. It was emotionally draining. My favorite part was laying a carnation on his casket before he was lowered into the ground. I was the first grandchild to place my flower there- and it was very sentimental to me. I love this man very much and today brought me peace.

AND today was also Halloween. Of course we couldn't allow the day to pass without trick or treating. So after the funeral & fellowship time we all loaded up and went to my mom's house for Halloween. It felt good to see the kids so excited to get candy. Watching their faces light up made the sad feelings from earlier in the day fade away. Life goes on. Grandpa would want us to smile and to laugh. Things are different, but not bad. We will adjust and keep living. Like the pastor said during his sermon today, we are the fruit of Grandpa. We should thrive and spread good to others. He wouldn't want it any other way.

And because life goes on I will post a funny story tomorrow about miss Breena. I wrote it the night before Grandpa passed but it didn't seem appropriate to post it while my heart was so sad. So stay tuned...it's a good one ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment