With two young children I do my best to wake up before they do in the morning to shower. However, this rarely happens. Eli often likes to be awake by 5am & Breena is completely unpredictable. And so more often than not I shower while Eli takes his morning nap. Breena brings a book in the bathroom to read or splashes in water in the sink during this time. A certain SOMEONE has taught Breena that is funny to toss bath toys in the tub while someone else is showering. So this morning in came the toy hippo- she laughed hysterically as I tossed it back out and jokingly told her no hippo in the shower! Next came the rubber ducky- again I jokingly reminded my prankster of a daughter there are to be no ducky in the shower! She was quiet for a short time- I knew this was the calm before the storm. All at once I was bombarded by the hippo, the ducky, several tea cups, and a toy boat. And then in came Elmo toothbrush; Bree had clearly won the shower war! She had tears streaming down her face she was laughing so hard! She is such a silly girl and already has quite the sense of humor! Despite the fact that I have not had a peaceful shower in well over a year, I love playing our goofy shower wars as much as she does. Tomorrow morning a new shower battle will begin and maybe I can redeem myself. But today, we will go to the store to buy a new toothbrush!
No comments:
Post a Comment